trends, retail experiences, insights
Spooktacular Seasonal Displays.
Whether you think it’s a trick or a treat, Halloween is now the third largest retail event in the UK annually, meaning it is a great opportunity for retailers and brands to capture seasonal sales!
This year, Halloween spending in the UK is set to rise to £777 million from £687 million in 2022. Across the pond, USA revenue hit an all-time high last year, at $10.bn and despite the cost of living crisis, it is set to soar to a bewitching $12.2 bn this year.
From the typical costumes, pumpkins, and sweet treats to limited edition offerings from luxury brands, there are plenty of opportunities for retailers to fight for their slice of the lucrative (pumpkin) pie.
And in a widely digital world, only 21% of Halloween sales happen online, presenting the perfect opportunity for retailers to drive footfall and engagement in a physical retail setting, utilising eerily experiential activations and petrifying pop-ups.
Check out some of the scarily good displays we’ve come across:
Stand out Sightings-
L to R Columns:
– The Belgravia Pumpkin Trail drives footfall and dwell time around a range of businesses, as participants go in search of scarily striking displays. Including this estate agent which has put the grave in Belgravia, by spooking window shoppers with their haunted house listings.
– With their unleash the mischief Halloween campaign, Lush’s vast range of spell-binding soaps, bath bombs and pre-wrapped gifts boast ‘out of this world gifting’ solutions. Also featuring a Dia de los Muertos collection, Lush are honouring the Mexican holiday with their Day of the Dead inspired products.
– The M&M’s store in Leicester Square is combining classic products in their creepiest colours, with limited edition Halloween offerings, to share their scarily good treats with shoppers. Embracing their experiential and personalisation offerings, shoppers can also tailor their treats with terrifying designs or pose for a petrifying picture in the photo booth.
L to R:
– This Sainsbury’s spookermarket in the UK boasts ghoulish gondolas that certainly attract attention as a one-stop shop for customers this Halloween with creepy cocktail recipes and costumes.
– Fanta are back with another frightfully engaging attraction in London this year… The Fanta Haunted Mansion draws in brand fans and tourists seeking a fanta-stic fright!
– With Marks and Spencer’s fang-tastic Halloween range, you definitely won’t want to share these mouth-watering delights with trick or treaters…
L to R
– Spotted in August, this store in Boston, MA was eager to raise everyone’s spirits with their devilish drinks display.
– As one of the ultimate destinations for spine-chilling Halloween supplies, this Spirit store in the USA doesn’t disappoint with their truly terrifying displays.
– The candy chaos of this grocery store in the USA provides shoppers with all the Halloween treats they could possibly need.